Yo San University Culver City California Traditional Chinese Medicine
Yo San University (YSU) was founded by two brothers, Dr. Daoshing Ni and Dr. Mao Shing Ni, who named the University after their grandfather, Master YoSan Ni, a healer and teacher in the Taoist tradition.
The Ni family enjoys a rare and unbroken lineage of 38 generations of healers practicing Chinese Medicine.
The University was established to carry on this lineage; to promote standards of educational excellence in the field of Traditional Chinese Medicine; and to establish a program in this country that fosters the Taoist roots of this field of medicine.
Their father, Master HuaChing Ni, a well known practitioner and educator in Los Angeles, served as Chancellor in the early years of development of the University. The University enrolled its first class of 8 students in January 1989.
The University was originally situated in a 2 story commercial building at 12304 Santa Monica Boulevard, Los Angeles. In January 1992, YSU expanded its facilities and relocated to 1314 Second Street in Santa Monica.
In August 2000, with a student population of more than 100, the University moved to the present facilities at 13315 West Washington Boulevard in the Culver City/Marina del Rey area.
The current location houses the University as well as the Yo San University Community Clinic. Yo San University’s degree of Master of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (MATCM) gained accreditation candidacy status with ACAOM (then NACSCAOM) in November, 1991 and was fully accredited in May of 1993. The University’s Doctoral Program (DAOM) achieved accreditation candidacy status in 2011.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.